Saturday 21 March 2020

What's going on?


Hi everybody,

Hope you are doing well. Welcome to our new Blog. The purpose of this blog is to share any tools to keep our English alive and kicking while being in this quarantine. I highlight the word our because we are all authors of this blog, which means that any of us can publish posts. We can share any links, from articles, videos, games, or applications.You name it. The only requirement is, of course, that they have to be in English. In case you do not know how to post an entrance, check this tutorial or find a more detailed one here. You will see it's much easier than it looks. Let's just get started.

My first link is to show you the source of one of my favourite activities of this year: "What's going on?" Can you remember it? The idea is to guess what's going on in different photos published on the New York Times. The photo I've chosen to illustrate this post is a tricky one. If you don't pay much attention, you'd think it's a recent photo, but if you look at it more closely you'll realize that the clothes, hair styles and type of mask belong to a different period of time. When I look at the newspaper these days I wonder what history books will tell the future generations about the current situation. However, I'm not going to ask you what you think they may say -many of you have probably open this blog to try to forget about coronavirus for a while. My idea is simply to share with you the link to this fantastic tool and to invite you to answer the three questions you are asked for each picture. You can also read what other students have written about the selected photos. I think it is a great way to practise your writing and reading skills, isn't it?

Stay well, have fun and keep your English alive and kicking.

María

3 comments:

  1. Good afternoon!
    I've already commented one of the pictures and keep waiting for further info tomorrow.
    Let's see if I was right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic, Mapy! Very happy to hear you're using this webpage.
      Keep up the hard work.

      Delete
  2. I love the title of the blog! It's cooooool!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.