Monday 23 March 2020

Flipgrid - Any good news out there?


Hello, again.

My post of this week is not to show you my #no-makeup look 😉, but to let you know about a new educational tool I've just discovered: Flipgrid. Basically, it is a platform to have video discussions.

The way we are use it is the following. I'm going to send you via whatsApp a code that you will use to answer to the video clip I've already uploaded to Flipgrid (press the + bottom to do so). On your video you can ask any questions or make a comment to my video or any of the other videos your classmates will eventually upload. Then, you have to summarize a piece of news you have read, watched or heard in English. Just two requests: try to find something not related to Covid19 and somehow positive (check the sections for culture, education or environment). You only have 90 seconds to do both things (make a question/comment and summarize the piece of news you've chosen). You can use BBC News, The Guardian, or the New York Times if you prefer to read or BBC Radio 4 (British English) or NPR (American English) if you prefer the radio. You can obviously use any media you want, but I recommend you to use a mix of them (reading and listening) in order to feed both skills.

By using this platform, we are working four skills: reading, mediation (summarizing), listening and speaking. Hope you find it interesting and useful. I have to confess I'm enjoying a lot the discovery of new gadgets. Be ready for next week: I have more in my pocket. I can't wait to see yours as well.

Stay well, have fun and keep your English alive and kicking.

María


2 comments:

  1. Hi María!
    Hope everything is all right. I'm trying to watch the video again and make the activity, but it seems the invitation is not valid. Can you send me a new invitation? Or may i send you the requested mediation to your email.
    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mapy,
      I'm going to send you the link to flipgrid via email again. By doing it like that we assure that it is private and only us can access to those videos.
      Please don't send it to my email. The idea is that we can all watch each other's videos and interact among us.
      I read you only had two mistakes in Carlos' quiz. What amazing listening skills for lyrics you have! Congrats!
      See you in Flipgrid. ;)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.